Preventing anti-social behaviour

If you report anti-social behaviour to Notting Hill Home Ownership it will be investigated.

What remedies are available to deal with anti-social behaviour?

These are the remedies that we can use to prevent anti-social behaviour continuing:

  • Informal warnings
  • Mediation
  • Referring the problem to enforcement agencies such as the Police or local Environmental Health Dept.
  • Partnership working with other agencies such as Social Services or Youth Services who have additional skills and powers e.g. parenting contracts
  • Support for vulnerable perpetrators to help them control their behaviour e.g. where this is due to mental health problems
  • Property Management solutions e.g. better lighting, signage
  • Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs)

If these fail to produce any improvement we are prepared to use legal enforcement measures. For leasehold properties we may need to attend an LVT (Leasehold Valuation Tribunal) to prove the breach or attend a Court Hearing to seek possession of the property.

What support can you offer me and other witnesses?

We encourage our customers to work with us in tackling anti-social behaviour and will protect and support them in this process. This could include arranging counselling, additional security measures if they may be at risk and supporting witnesses attending court hearings.

Recording and monitoring anti-social behaviour

Notting Hill Housing keeps records of the type, location and action taken on reported incidents of anti-social behaviour. We use regular surveys to check how satisfied customers are with our service. By these means we can measure how effective our policies are and identify key priorities in order to devise solutions, target resources, and improve our service.

More information

If you would like more information about any of this, please speak to your Property Management Officer. If you do not know who your Property Management Officer is, or do not have their contact details, you can find out instantly by typing your postcode into the simple form on the Property Management Officer finder page.